[olsr-dev] auto ip address assignment

Abhishek Misra (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 4 06:40:09 CEST 2006

hello

we have been working on mesh networks for quiet some time
but our model for now has not really been adhoc

we keep routers in master mode and make a wds links
we have just completed auto setup of wds links (some additions were made
to hostap driver) and are now considering auto ip address assignment

we are trying to evolve a simple scheme to assign ip to these wds links
based on uniquely configured node id (once in a life time configuration)
we are looking at a more or less stable mesh (i.e. no really adhoc)
well ip address assignment may not depend on wds depending upon
implementation

i'll go through the suggested link and discuss more
bye