[olsr-dev] LQ code enhancements

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 28 15:51:16 CET 2005

Hi elektra,

in practice, I observe diversity in OLSR packet sizes. OLSR Packets between
28 Bytes and 1400 Bytes UDP payload can be seen on my WRT devices. Another
observation is, that on relatively bad links the packet loss is correlated
with the packet size. Which means: You will get ping answers but cannot
contact the same web site until you set MTU=256 or similar.

But I fully agree to the "do the homework first until going further" thing
Thomas expressed earlier. For my situation here (with fixed stations) manual
tweaking with the LQ multiplier option and/or with the brute force iptables
block-that-link method will do. Note: The LQ/ETX works great, but manual
tweaking may work better ;-)

Regards,
Sven-Ola