[olsr-dev] olsrd secure plugin

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 23 13:34:58 CET 2005

> I was thinking of sensors, devices for the automation industry etc. These
> devices
> are of course configured by people, started by people etc, but when in
> operation,
> there are no people involved. The devices can be sending information back
> to a central,
> can operate machines (automation industry) etc. Security in these networks
> are often
> as essential as in other networks, and everthing most be automatic,
> including update
> of security mechanisms.
>
> Do you seriously think this is sci-fi?

Well, it's definelty not scifi in a industrial/academic point of wiev. But
for the kind of comunity networks many users are running OLSR on it's not
really a big issue. The only "unmanned" devices here would be dedicated
WLAN routers/gateways, and in accordance to KISS these would best be
configured statically when it comes to security(keys) IMO.
In a free comunity network there is not the same requirements for
automation as in more special-case scenarioes.

- Andreas

---------
Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org