[olsr-dev] olsrd secure plugin

Andreas Hafslund (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 23 13:15:39 CET 2005

> devices without any people operating them? I have not seen this in the last
> 20 years but that may be a very interesting concept. Sounds a bit like Since
> Fiction anyhow - but I'am always eager to learn more ;-)

I was thinking of sensors, devices for the automation industry etc. These devices
are of course configured by people, started by people etc, but when in operation,
there are no people involved. The devices can be sending information back to a central,
can operate machines (automation industry) etc. Security in these networks are often
as essential as in other networks, and everthing most be automatic, including update
of security mechanisms.

Do you seriously think this is sci-fi?

andreas.