[olsr-dev] olsrd secure plugin

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 23 13:47:05 CET 2005

Hi Andreas,

well, I'am not the skynet spokesman ;-) But I belive for networked
components there is always a responsible person who at least can smash a
hammer on a disfuctional/revolting device (hopefully). As I pointed out - if
someone distribute some thousand WRT54g routers thoughout the city, I'am
always willing to learn from them about their self-organizing features. For
everyday admin tasks I'll stay with KISS.

Regards, Sven-Ola

""Andreas Hafslund"" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> devices without any people operating them? I have not seen this in the
> last
> 20 years but that may be a very interesting concept. Sounds a bit like
> Since
> Fiction anyhow - but I'am always eager to learn more ;-)

I was thinking of sensors, devices for the automation industry etc. These
devices
are of course configured by people, started by people etc, but when in
operation,
there are no people involved. The devices can be sending information back to
a central,
can operate machines (automation industry) etc. Security in these networks
are often
as essential as in other networks, and everthing most be automatic,
including update
of security mechanisms.

Do you seriously think this is sci-fi?

andreas.