[olsr-dev] olsrd secure plugin

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 23 13:06:23 CET 2005

Hi Andreas,

devices without any people operating them? I have not seen this in the last
20 years but that may be a very interesting concept. Sounds a bit like Since
Fiction anyhow - but I'am always eager to learn more ;-)

Regards, Sven-Ola

""Andreas Hafslund"" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> most crypto/key/trustsystems will introduce a centralized instance into
> the
> system - or (worse) make things really complicated. I personally have
> arguments against both ;-) According to the KISS papers - the current
> secure
> plugin will do what I suggest, simply rip people off their anon hideout
> and
> offer a valid email address for administrative purposes to the community.

What if you have devices running without any people operating them, and (of
course) no e-mail addresses? Automatic generation and updating of keys, and
authentication of devices and data, is a pre-requisite in many network
systems. An automatic system does not necessary mean a centralized system.

andreas.