[olsr-dev] olsrd secure plugin

Andreas Hafslund (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 23 12:34:51 CET 2005

> most crypto/key/trustsystems will introduce a centralized instance into the
> system - or (worse) make things really complicated. I personally have
> arguments against both ;-) According to the KISS papers - the current secure
> plugin will do what I suggest, simply rip people off their anon hideout and
> offer a valid email address for administrative purposes to the community.

What if you have devices running without any people operating them, and (of course) no e-mail addresses? Automatic generation and updating of keys, and authentication of devices and data, is a pre-requisite in many network systems. An automatic system does not necessary mean a centralized system.

andreas.