[olsr-dev] freebsd multiple interfaces

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 4 22:46:16 CET 2005

Hi Dave,

Great to hear that you are looking into the FreeBSD multiple interface isse!

We have tried to keep olsrds dependencies to a minimum since it is used
much on very limited embedded type systems. I would like to keep it this
way, however if you reckon' libnet is the most feasable way to go for the
FreeBSD port then that is IMO the way it is going to be. Have you got any
estimate/idea of what kind of job it would be to implement the parts of
libnet needed directly into olsrd? I have not looked at libnet/FreeBSD
suff at all - I'm just curious :)
We should also keep resource usage in mind, so if using libpcap would
include stuff like setting interfaces in promiscous mode(just a wild
example :) ), then I would not be to keen on that. But then again, I have
no problem leaving the FreeBSD decitions up to you Dave, but I don't think
a platform independent use of stuff like libpcap will be something we
want.
But then again - if this is provided as a option, then it'd be something
else.

Regarding the moval of the input/output functions, I'll have a look at it
when I get back to town.

- Andreas