[OLSR-users] Re: [olsr-dev] httpinfo plugin

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 1 23:51:38 CEST 2005

Yepp, that is another solution. But then you are closing in on creating
a front-end interface. A redesign of the old interface has been on our
to-do list for some time...
The httpinfo plugin was just ment to be a tool that was easy to use and
that runs on "everyting" without the need for extra
services/applications.

- Andreas

Jan Kantert wrote:
> Good evening!
>
> Would not it be enough to just export all data in XML and let the user put it all together using an XML-parser? Everybody could generate his own nice webpage using Apache and PHP or Perl.
>
> Jan
>
> Am Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:55:37 +0200
> schrieb Andreas Tønnesen <(spam-protected)>:
>

>>Spoggle is absolutley right here, you cannot do this safley
>>without making fundamental changes to the plugin(multithread it).
>>In theory, even reading local files is blocking I/O and should
>>not be done in the current plugin.
>>This KISS style design(non-multithreaded) was chosen because
>>the plugin should be as light weight as possible to be able to
>>run on embedded systems of all kinds.
>>
>>But if the file is already available via HTTP, why not just add
>>a link?
>>
>>- Andreas

Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org