[olsr-dev] some Qs about exending the dyn_gw plugin

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 9 07:44:20 CET 2004

Hi Jens,

> Ah, I did the same at the same time ;-) I don't know about your policy
> about commit accounts. If you don't plan to further work on this
> plugin, sending a plugin later might be fine, otherwise getting commit
> access would be nice (i would only be working on this plugin).

We're trying to keep commit accounts at a bare minimum - so I think it's
better that you mail me the patches if you're ookay with that.
The changes was mainly just about getting the plugin to work with the
new interface - I will leave the plugin for now, so if you check out the
current version you can submit patches to me when things are up and
running :)

> So I would like to keep it simple. My config would look like
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.1"
> {
>     PlParam     "PingIP"   "141.1.1.1"
>     PlParam     "PingIP"   "217.237.151.33"
>     PlParam     "PingIP"   "194.25.2.129"
> }
> ie an abritary number of IPs which should be pinged if a 0.0.0.0/O with
> metric 0 can be found, in order to validate if the inet is really
> reachable. That would do.

But wouldn't adding theese IPs be just as much administrative work as
adding networks? You could hardcode a couple of IPs(or better yet -
hostnames) to be used as default if no pingIP is set.

> Don't know if you agree on this. If not simply forking the plugin for
> now (and maybe merging them later again) might be the best?

Just submit the patch when you feel like the plugin is working in a
satisfactionary way.

- Andreas

--
Andreas Tønnesen