[olsr-dev] outputsize ??

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 2 17:08:24 CET 2004

[I forgot to send this to the dev list]

Yes, the new buffer interface breaks backwards compabillity. When
changing the design to use pr. interface buffers, sadly, there was no
way to keep backwards compabillity. If you have such a plugin it is
fairly easy to adapt it to the new API. You can look at how it is done
in the security plugin.

With the new API you just pass data to a function call and the buffer
management is done internally by olsrd. If you need to reserve
bufferspace for some special purpose there are functions available for
this. All in all, the new design is a much better one. I hope this
dosn't cause you too much trouble :)
Breaking backwards compability like this is something that hopefully
will not happen very often, but 0.4.8 features very very much new code
(including new plugin features) so plugin developerms might have to take
a second look at their code when updating to 0.4.8(when it is released).

- Andreas

--
Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org