[Olsr-users] viewing radio layer2info from the router

Ed Kfir (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 24 19:50:35 CEST 2018

Hi Henning,

Thank you for your response. I did try the configuration examples listed
above as you described with the olsrd2_static (with dlep_router plugin)
running on both routers and dlep_radio_static (with the dlep_radio plugin)
running on both radios. Looking at the layer2info from the radios with the
above setup, I can see data that makes sense for the destination,interface,
and neighbor subcommands. The destination subcommand key %dst_addr% for
radio1 shows radio 2's wifi interfaces's mac address in its first entry and
router 2's ethernet interface's mac address in its 2nd entry. On radio 2
the same key shows router 1's mac and radio 1's wifi interface mac.

However, running the same commands on both routers, I see no reference to
anything related to the connected radios. The neighbor subcommand shows the
other router (but not the connected radio) and the destination subcommand
has no output.  The same theme appears to be the case for
nhdpinfo,olsrv2info,netjsoninfo,etc. Is there anything else that I could
possibly be missing here?

thanks,
Ed