[Olsr-users] ansible-olsrd2

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 20 10:01:26 CET 2017

On 02/18/2017 09:01 PM, Mathias Mahnke wrote:
> Am 16.02.17 um 10:32 schrieb Nemesis:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> in some of our ninux.org communities we are trying to build reproducible
>> (and documented) network setups.
>>
>> I'm trying to convince people to stop doing stuff by hand that then
>> almost never gets upgraded because people are scared to touch something
>> that is working.
>
> Thanks for sharing and your toughts. Mostly same here:
> https://dev.opennet-initiative.de/browser/on_ansible/roles/olsr-node
>
> There are also other free/open mesh networks (e.g. several other
> Freifunk communities) using ansible or similar solutions.
>
> We can encourage everybody to share and/or work on common scripts.

That's a great idea.

I've been thinking of creating a documentation website that explains how
to replicate some of the setups we are automating.

Fortunately, most of that documentation is already written, but it's
fragmented in the README of each repository. I'd like to create some
sort of tutorial which if followed from beginning to end will help to
bootstrap a basic setup in very little time.

Federico