[Olsr-users] DLEP Plugin use with OLSR

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 24 12:31:28 CEST 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Dhruva Shrivastava
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am able to run the OLSR using two linux laptop as mesh nodes. Now I have
> to setup my whole scenario which also consist the LTE modem as radio node.
>
> Do you guys suggest how I can use the DLEP plugins with the OLSR?

DLEP does only mirror the content of the "layer2 database" of
OLSRd2/OONF from one program to another one.

A first step would be to see how you can extract the data you want to
propagate from your LTE modem to the router and put them into the
"layer 2 database".

> There is not enough information in wiki :(
>
> If you guys have some more information please share. I have to interface the
> LTE modem as radio node which can use DLEP with the OLSR router.

Does the LTE modem has a full IP connection (for both TCP and UDP) to
the router? Or is it a PPP tunnel?

Can you run your own software on the LTE modem?