[Olsr-users] OLSRv2: routing table contains only direct neighbours

Martin Garbe (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 31 22:17:44 CEST 2016

On 03/30/2016 07:57 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:26 PM, Martin Garbe
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>>> it looks to me that node C does not have a valid IPv4 configuration,
>>> it only sees IPv6 neighbors.
>>>
>>> This is also the reason that the IPv4 link from B to C and from D to C
>>> is only "heard" (asymmetric).
>>
>> Does that mean that nodes nead always a valid IPv4 configuration?
>> I am asking because we want to build an IPv6 only network with OLSRv2.
>>
>> I have the same problem here that in TC messages only the IP of the
>> sender is included. I think my AP configuration is similar to Lars' config.
>
> A router without a valid (at least linklocal) IPv4 configuration
> cannot forward IPv4 traffic, so it doesn't matter for IPv4
> connectivity.
>
> OLSRd2 does not use tunnels for traffic, so it need dualstack
> connectivity for every node.

I could narrow down the problem to the fact that no TC messages are by
olsrd2 daemon. I am using OpenWRT with "oonf-olsrd2 - 0.9.2" installed.

I tried changing tc_interval to e.g. 3.0 but this did not changed anything.

Any idea how I should further debug the problem? Which part of the code
decides whether to send TC messages or not?

Thanks,
Martin