[Olsr-users] OLSRv2: routing table contains only direct neighbours

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Mar 30 07:57:36 CEST 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:26 PM, Martin Garbe
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> it looks to me that node C does not have a valid IPv4 configuration,
>> it only sees IPv6 neighbors.
>>
>> This is also the reason that the IPv4 link from B to C and from D to C
>> is only "heard" (asymmetric).
>
> Does that mean that nodes nead always a valid IPv4 configuration?
> I am asking because we want to build an IPv6 only network with OLSRv2.
>
> I have the same problem here that in TC messages only the IP of the
> sender is included. I think my AP configuration is similar to Lars' config.

A router without a valid (at least linklocal) IPv4 configuration
cannot forward IPv4 traffic, so it doesn't matter for IPv4
connectivity.

OLSRd2 does not use tunnels for traffic, so it need dualstack
connectivity for every node.