[Olsr-users] OLSRd2: announce subnet on OpenWRT

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 17 18:25:24 CET 2016

On 03/17/2016 03:54 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> How can I announce a subnet like:
>>
>> [olsrv2]
>>     lan 10.1.2.0/24
>>
>> In /etc/config/olsrd2 ?
>>
>> I currently have:
>>
>> config global
>>     option lockfile '/var/lock/olsrd2'
>>     option pidfile '/var/run/olsrd2.pid'
>>
>> config log
>>     option file '/var/log/olsrd2.log'
>>     option stderr 'true'
>>     option syslog 'true'
>>
>> config interface
>>     list ifname 'loopback'
>>     list ifname 'vpnbas'
>>     list ifname 'wlan0'
>>     list ifname 'wlan1'
> Try:
>
> config olsrv2
>     list lan 10.1.2.0/24

Works, thanks.

Is it possible to add an option that tells olsrd2 to automatically
determine the subnet to announce from another openwrt network?

Suppose the loopback has the following (additional) address:

10.1.2.1/24

Configured in this manner:

config interface 'olsrd2_lo'
    option ifname 'lo'
    option ipaddr '10.27.251.1/24'
    option proto 'static'

It would be cool if we could tell OLSRd2 to detect the subnet to
announce by adding something like:

config olsrv2
    option auto_lan 'olsrd2_lo'

Federico