[Olsr-users] olsrv2: dlep/nhdp - link info -> metric manifestation

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 11 12:17:51 CET 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 11:09 AM, s-mtafel <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it is me again. I have adapted my dlep_modem, so that it reports the
> link-quality according to the mac of the router-neighbor.
>
> I have analysed the behaviour. The packets are routed as expected and
> dynamicall reported by modem.
>
> But, when I look into the system rt, the route metric remains constant at 2.

Routing metric in the routing table has nothing to do with the metric
of the routing protocol.

By default it is always 2 for olsrd2.

> And looking into the nhdp-plugin, the link speed remains constant. Shouldn't
> those values adapt dynamically as well based on the dlep-layer2-info? Would
> seem consistent or am I down to a misconception?

you can use the telnet command "layer2info" to query the internal
knowledge of the layer2-db in olsrd2:

Try:
echo /layer2info interface | nc 127.0.0.1 2009
echo /layer2info neighbor | nc 127.0.0.1 2009

and of course:
echo /help | nc 127.0.0.1 2009