[Olsr-users] Does this configuration make any sense?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Mar 9 13:50:12 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Mika Rajala <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’v been tasked with the following request.
>
> Use DLEP to give data about bitrates to different destinations so that
> olsrd2 can use ff_dat_metric to better calculate route costs.

Okay.

> I’m trying to set this up by running dlep_router_static and olsrd2_static,
> but I don’t  know how to make dlep_router_static transfer its layer2database
> to olsrd2_static.

That is a misunderstanding... (which is enabled by "not good enough"
documentation and some conservative defaults). DLEP router and olsrd2
must be running in the same executable.

dlep_router is a "standalone" DLEP receiver... it does not communicate
with an outside program (except through the telnet interface), it can
be used to experiment with DLEP.
olsrd2 is the routing protocol... without the DLEP module.

I have now added another "application" called "olsrd2_dlep" which is
the same as olsrd2, just with DLEP.