[Olsr-users] olsrd2: routing table selection

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 3 06:37:31 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 3:58 AM, Lars Kruse <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hallo Henning,
>
>> Try the example from the wiki:
>> http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/UCI_Configuration_Plugin
>
> thank you! Somehow I missed this one ...

Gern geschehen...

>> config domain
>>   list   'name'        '0'
>>   option 'table'       '11'
>
> That works!
>
> Shouldn't "name" be defined as an "option" (single value) instead of a
> "list" (one or more values)?

Both will work, the OONF UCI Parser can read both.

>>   option 'table'       '11'
>> OpenWRTs UCI does not support named sections the way you are using it.
>
> It does - even though it is used rarely. See the network config for example:
>
>  config interface 'wan'
>          option proto 'dhcp'
>  [..]

Okay, let me rephrase it... the exact capabilities of UCI and how to
use them are badly defined/documented. ;)

> (other examples: grep -r "^config.*'" /etc/config/)
>

> Anyway - the above indirect naming is indeed widely used within uci as well. It
> just did not occour to me to try it here.
>
> Thank you for your prompt help!
> Olsrd2's ability to parse uci files directly is very handy!

Thank you.

Do you have a good suggestion how to adapt the documentation in the
olsr.org wiki to be more helpful?

Especially the main OONF page seems to have grown too much, but I am
not sure how to change it.
http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/OLSR.org_Network_Framework

Suggestions are welcome!