[Olsr-users] Flooding custom data in OLSRv2 networks

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 5 22:55:05 CEST 2016

On 05/07/16 22:50, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> I think Henning is a bit grumpy ;-)
>

> Both olsrd v1 and v2 are meant to be routing agents and nothing more.
> They both have a plugin system, and in olsrd v1 this was 'abused' to
> piggy-back non-routing related information and functionality.
>

> Sometimes this makes sense, but most of the time it does not.
>
> Having clearly separated daemons/services/functions/concerns mostly wins
> over tightly integrated applications.

For example...

Henning and I have been talking about porting the smart-gateway system
from olsrd v1 to olsrd v2. We want to do it in such a way that it can
run as a standalone daemon that talks to a routing agent, while keeping
the option of tightly integrating in olsrd v2.

Having a separate daemon here will allow us to use the smart-gateway
system with another routing protocol (with a proper connector).

--
Ferry Huberts