[Olsr-users] Session Update Message to router

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 24 15:53:40 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Mika Rajala <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi
>

> As said here
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-19#section-10.5
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-19#section-10.6

The code is currently still on DLEP 17/18 level... but it should have
the same problem.

> Session Update Message should get a Session Update Response Message.
>
> This doesn’t seem to work.
>
> http://olsr.org/git/?p=oonf.git;a=blob;f=src-plugins/generic/dlep/dlep_extension.c;
>
> If I’m not totally incorrect, the function that should handle the Session
> Update Message starts at line 203
> (dlep_extension_router_process_peer_update)
>
> It exits at line 210 after checking that restrict_signal !=
> DLEP_PEER_INITIALIZATION_ACK
>
> Which is wrong(?)
>
> Also, the function doesn’t generate and send a DLEP_PEER_UPDATE_ACK, or as
> in DLEP specification, Session Update Response Message.
>
> Is this just broken or am I missing something?

Let me check this...

Yes, this seems to be a bug. Most likely a copy/paste error from the
peer_init_ack processing.

I will look into this a bit deeper tomorrow and work on a patch.

> Is this the correct source code repository, is there a different version
> somewhere?

No, this is the correct source, I was just quite busy the last week.

> Is this the wrong mailing list to handle this stuff?

olsr-dev might be better, but let me have a look at the problem tomorrow.