[Olsr-users] Missing mandatory TLV 25 in extension 256

Mika Rajala (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 19 14:19:24 CET 2016

Hi

Yes I'm trying to implement a DLEP radio, or DLEP modem.

It’s kind of hard for me to copy any data or code here, since I have to do it by hand.

I get the UDP peer discovery signal and I reply to it with the valid message.

Then the dlep_router opens a connection to my tcp server and sends a session initialization message. all ok.

I respond by sending a session initialization response, but then the dlep_router doesn't respond or sends a termination message.

Looking at the dlep_router with a debugger reveals the following.

dlep_session.c : 742
checks that I gave all mandatory TLVs in my session initialization response.
dlep_session.c : 933
fails when it doesn't find the TLV 25 for extension 256.

My session initialization message doesn't have the Supported extensions TLV in it, here's my packet in octet form: ( I copied this from a hexdump of the traffic)

00 04 00 42			// HEADER
00 05 00 02 00 0a 		// Heartbeat
00 0c 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 01 c2 00	// max recv
00 0d 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 01 c2 00 	// max send
00 0e 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 	// current recv
00 0f 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 	// current send
00 10 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 0f 42 40 	// latency

It should say

message code 4, length 66 octets
heartbeat interval 10 seconds
max recv bitrate 115200