[Olsr-users] Missing mandatory TLV 25 in extension 256

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 19 10:07:55 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Mika Rajala <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’m trying to send a Dlep session init response message to
> dlep_router_static.

so you are trying to implement a DLEP radio, right?

> But it won’t accept it since it’s missing a mandatory tlv 25? This results
> in dlep_router sending dlep session terminate message.
>
> There is no mandatory tlv 25 for dlep session init response, the mandatory
> tlv codes are (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-19)
>
> 5, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16
>
> tlv code 25 is reserved for future extensions.

TLV 25 is part of one of the two extensions (in this case "extension
256") I have added to DLEP...

it SHOULD negotiate about the valid extensions and switch them of if necessary.

> Also I don’t give any supported extensions in my dlep session init response.

so you are going through the UDP exchange and the OONF DLEP router
drops the connection when it gets your message...

could you post the byte string your radio sends as the "Session
Initialization Response Message" ?