[Olsr-users] new olsr + jsoninfo-plugin on lede/openwrt

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 7 17:36:41 CET 2016

On 07/12/16 17:28, Ufo wrote:
> ok, my olsr 0.9.5. is now running WITH netjson plugin :-)
>
> some stuff for openwrt/lede isnt done yet, who could do that?
>
> * increase olsr-version number (0.9.5 is outdated and not usable for
> LEDE&openwrt, see http://www.olsr.org/releases/0.9/ )
> * olsr-makefile https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/pull/242
> * netjson plugin didnt have uci defaults yet (f.i. when installing plugin)
> * neigh.sh isnt working (workaround via uci to disable headers or better
> with bugfix inside neigh.sh?)

if neigh.sh is using txtinfo then use the latest fixes on the release
branch. if it is using jsoninfo then use wget

> * luci-olsr-status-neighborhood-page (same as neigh.sh problem)

same solution

> * jsontext plugin was changing in a major way (now with httpheaders).
> wouldnt it be nice to increase plugin-version-number?
> *mud-plugin bugfixing (see other olsr mailinglist)
>
> i hope its ok to ask on this mailinglist:
> there are more olsr-users-people with openwrt+lede-knowhow than
> lede-dev-people with olsr-knowledge.
>
> ufo
>
> p.s. https://plan.leipzig.freifunk.net/issues/372
>
> On 06.12.2016 16:33, Ferry Huberts wrote:
>>

>> On 06/12/16 16:04, Ufo wrote:
>>> finally, it got olsr 0.9.5 working on LEDE :-)
>>>
>>> https://github.com/OLSR/olsrd/ is now 0.9.5
>>> i hope lede and openwrt will also increase version number to this value
>>> (https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/blob/master/olsrd/Makefile)
>>>
>>> very nice:
>>>
>>> * olsr doesnt crash twice anymore when starting the system/device
>>>

>> fixed something there :-)
>>
>>> but atm there are still some problems:
>>>
>>> * the jsoninfo plugin has a very new default setting "with
>>> http-headers:true" and this option seems new. so the neigh.sh command
>>> (and luci-olsr neighborhood-page) doesnt work anymore.
>>>
>>> the workaround "uci set olsrd.olsrd_jsoninfo.httpheaders=false; uci
>>> commit" fixes it.
>>> but, with older olsr-versions this config-command breaks olsr-starting!
>>> (because that plugin-configuration isnt known yet)
>>>
>>> i propose it would be better to have a default setting "with
>>> http-header:false" for downwards-compatibility, so the config for olsr
>>> wouldnt need to be changed (we are using olsr for years with same
>>> config!)
>>> if anyone wants to use the new "http-header" feature, (s)he can enable

--
Ferry Huberts