[Olsr-users] new olsr + jsoninfo-plugin on lede/openwrt tests

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 6 16:33:37 CET 2016

On 06/12/16 16:04, Ufo wrote:
> finally, it got olsr 0.9.5 working on LEDE :-)
>
> https://github.com/OLSR/olsrd/ is now 0.9.5
> i hope lede and openwrt will also increase version number to this value
> (https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/blob/master/olsrd/Makefile)
>
> very nice:
>
> * olsr doesnt crash twice anymore when starting the system/device

fixed something there :-)

> but atm there are still some problems:
>
> * the jsoninfo plugin has a very new default setting "with
> http-headers:true" and this option seems new. so the neigh.sh command
> (and luci-olsr neighborhood-page) doesnt work anymore.
>
> the workaround "uci set olsrd.olsrd_jsoninfo.httpheaders=false; uci
> commit" fixes it.
> but, with older olsr-versions this config-command breaks olsr-starting!
> (because that plugin-configuration isnt known yet)
>
> i propose it would be better to have a default setting "with
> http-header:false" for downwards-compatibility, so the config for olsr
> wouldnt need to be changed (we are using olsr for years with same config!)
> if anyone wants to use the new "http-header" feature, (s)he can enable
> that..

JSON servers must send HTTP headers, see
http://jsonapi.org/format/#content-negotiation-servers

So this is a correctness fix.

Although I now see that the current 'Content-Type' is wrong.
I'll fix that in a minute.

> * the luci-page "OLSR Interfaces" doenst have all values.
> (/cgi-bin/luci//freifunk/olsr/interfaces/)
> * the luci-page "OLSR mid-page" brings errors:
>
> /usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/olsr.lua:325: attempt to compare two nil values
>

> * the new netjson-stuff doesnt seems to work
> (http://netjson.org/docs/implementations.html#olsrd1-netjson-plugin) :
>
> Konsole output
> (spam-protected):~# echo /NetworkRoutes | nc 127.0.0.1 9090
> {"pid": 1879,"systemTime": 1481035827,"timeSinceStartup":
> 1689342,"error": "404 Not Found"}

Works for me.
The netjson plugin has its own port, 2005 by default.

--
Ferry Huberts