[Olsr-users] Trouble getting lan_import to work on OpenWrt

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Sep 13 12:47:10 CEST 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Nils Schneider <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to use lan_import using olsrd2 v0.9.2 on OpenWrt (ar71xx)
> and I could use some help to get it working.
>
> I do have two routing tables, one for routes exported by olsrd (table
> 10) and one from which olsrd should import routes (table 11).
>
> The relevant part of config/olsrd2 looks like this:
>
> config interface
>         option 'ifname' 'loopback'
>
> config interface
>         option 'ifname' 'mesh_radio0'
>         list 'bindto' '-0.0.0.0/0'
>         list 'bindto' '-::1'
>         list 'bindto' 'default_accept'
>
> config domain 0
>         option table '10'
>
> config lan_import 0
>         option domain 0
>         option table '11'

The problem is (I think) that your UCI configuration is wrong.

UCI does not support names flexible enough for OONF, it does not allow
multiple config sections of different types with the same name. In
your example you have two sections (domain and lan_import) that have
the same name (0). This doesn't work in UCI.

So you have to use an extra key/value pair to define the name of the section:
(see also http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/UCI_Configuration_Plugin )

Try this (could not test it here, no OpenWRT hardware):