[Olsr-users] Flooding IPv6 Prefix with olsrd2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 8 17:06:01 CET 2015

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Martin Garbe
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> currently I am looking for a possibility to distribute IPv6 prefixes
> with olsrd2 and auto configure interfaces. I searched for solutions of
> this problem and found a discussion from 2005. I was assuming that there
> must be an implemented solution today but did not find it.

Not sure what you mean... if you are talking about "locally attached
networks" (see RFC7181, they are the same as OLSRv1 HNAs) you can just
set them in the config file.

> What is the best way to flood the IPv6 prefix to all nodes? With olsrv1
> I would use the nameservice plugin and let a script on each node
> generate IPv6 addresses using EUI-64 (RFC 2373).

So you want to distribute an information but its not a direct route... *hmm*

I have been working together with some people from the HOMENET group
to get HNCP working better with mesh networks... this would be the
perfect solution for you. Unfortunately this is still work in progress
with networks where links go up and down all the time.