[Olsr-users] olsrd2 with vmware,

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Mar 4 14:43:44 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Taner Kurtulus <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi Henning,
>
> Thanks, I have been using olsrd2_sliver_static now.
>
> Now, I have used the configuration files to set link speeds as you advised.
> Before then, I just assumed that olsr probes link related statistics.
>
> Please find the configuration files and running command as attached, I have
> used. I hope they are correct, it would be an example usage of
> configurations. I couldn't decide to write any postfix to the rates.

I think your configuration of the http_plugin is wrong... look into
the wiki for the available parameters.

I also think you did not load the http_plugin or bound it static into
the executable.

Anyways, the only thing that uses the http_plugin is the "http 2
telnet" bridge plugin. If you want to query nhdpinfo or olsrv2info,
use the text/telnet port.

> Now, something changed at the routes, but not it got worse. OLSR chooses the
> worst link. Even, path A to B now is via C.

Maybe you mixed up the interfaces? The result would be okay if the
link A-B is the slow one.

> About invalid routes I have mentioned at my previous mail. I just run the
> olsrd2 with two interface.
>
> ./olsrd2_static eth2 eth3
>
> Also, I couldn't reach the remote control interface of olsr daemon via http
> interface?  I just opened the firefox and write the address of
> http://127.0.0.1:8080 . Unfortunately not working :(

Try the telnet/text port 2009... not with http but with "telnet" or
"netcat" (or "nc").

Henning Rogge