[Olsr-users] OLSR disconnets all routes when a interface will be added or removed

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 17 11:22:37 CET 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Michael Rack
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hey Henning,
>
> on layer3 the next hops are connected and reachable.

> Today we added a host via OpenVPN (vtun btw.) and we archived the same
> issue again.
>
> All routing informations were completely flushed and gets build from
> ground up.
>
> The Graphic and the Log was taken from the Main-Server
>
>>                       MAIN SERVER
>>        .---------.---------.---------.---------.
>>        |         |         |         |         |
>>      tap1       tap2      tap3      tap4      NEW tap5
>

> I've started a new VPN-Connection that uses the Interface "tap5".
> I have allready configured tap1 to tap50 in olsrd.conf, so i dont need
> to restart OLSR.
>
> But after
>
>     Feb 15 23:31:18 rsmconnect olsrd[4303]: Adding interface tap111
>     Feb 15 23:31:32 rsmconnect olsrd[4303]: Removing interface tap111
>
> All routes gets flushed. That is very worst.
>
> Is that a known problem, that when a interface gets removed, the
> complete routing daemon doing so worst things?

I still have no clue what is going on, I cannot reproduce your
behavior... and I have seen nothing in the code which could trigger a
route flashing over all routes when a single interface goes down or
come up.

*sigh*

Would it be possible to get SSH access to the router so I can run
olsrd directly in the console with debug output activated? I would be
interested about the output with debug level 2 activated.