[Olsr-users] Mesh on Gondola

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Dec 21 18:41:04 CET 2015

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Hesameddin Alizadeh
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> OLSRv1 keeps all directly and MPRs connection on his topology table and put the best route to the destination ( minimum packet loss ) in his routing table, am I right?

I think you missed a couple of steps.

OLSR (both v1 and v2) detect symmetric links to their one-hop
neighbors with the HELLO message... by listening to their one-hop
neighbors they learn about the symmetric two-hop neighbors.

All these links (both in the olsrd ETX extension and in OLSRv2 in
general) have a cost value (link metric attached).

The olsrd link metric is based on the multicast packet loss, the
olsrd2 metric is the DAT (directional airtime) metric (see
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric-12).

olsrd/olsrd2 use (depending on configuration) the link metric to
calculate an MPR set. The full set of one-hop neighbors is a valid MPR
set.

The MPR set is announced in each HELLO.

OLSR (both v1 and v2) store which neighbor selected the local node as
an MPR... these nodes are put into the TC messages.

The TC messages are flooded to all other mesh nodes.

OLSR builds a complete topology graph from all TCs.

OLSR uses a minimal path cost algorithm (usually Dijkstra) to
calculate the shortest path to each destination.

The next hop of each shortest path will be used as the "next hop" of
the routing table entry for the destination.

Henning Rogge