[Olsr-users] OLSR2D and DLEP_ROUTER plugin interplay:

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Dec 7 22:51:05 CET 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 10:32 PM, s-mtafel <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> So you are receiving DLEP data through 2 interfaces... I assume your
>> DLEP radio instance is running on the other side of the eth0/eth1
>> interface, right? Where does the DLEP radio gets it data from?
>
> Indeed. I simulated everything with my radio implementation. Above all, I
> did the same with your dlep_radios - letting it gather its info from a
> simulated  wlan or ohter eth iface. The outcome was the same: no
> destinations in the dlep_router layer 2 db.

Forget about destinations, they are only for things with multiple mac
addresses... do you see any layer2 information on neighbor or
interface level?

> For the time being, my implementation fakes its dest. info - statically
> configured info. In the long run, my dlep_modem will fetch its data from
> another routing protocol running on the same node. The latter is part of my
> research. But that should make no difference.

please read the description what destinations are about in the wiki
entry of the layer2 database subsystem again.

>> [log]
>>     debug dlep_router
>>
>> to your configuration, you should see the state changes of the DLEP
>> router implementation. Do you see anything unusual there?
>
> I compiled the router with OONF_LOGGING_LEVEL debug - the effect should be
> the same.

Changing the OONF_LOGGING_LEVEL let you remove the debug or info code
from your executable. So "debug" just means "you can access debug,
info and warning output"... it does not activate anything (except for
the always-on warnings).

adding a debug source to the logging switches a certain logging output on.

> For the olsrd2 and dlep_router combination:
> $ olsrd2_static -l <router_conf> -p dlep_router gives:
>
> "22:24:12.711 WARN(plugins) src-api/core/oonf_subsystem.c 440: Could not
> reload plugin 'dlep_router' into global namespace"

I would guess its a problem with the path...

if you add

[log]
    debug plugins

you should see where Olsrd2 is looking for the shared object files.