[Olsr-users] OLSR2D and DLEP_ROUTER plugin interplay:

s-mtafel (spam-protected)
Mon Dec 7 22:32:14 CET 2015

Hey,
> Yes, I try to add stuff to the wiki when it comes up... but I am the
> only one working on the OONF code and maintaining the wiki, so its a
> slow progress.
No offense intended!

> So you are receiving DLEP data through 2 interfaces... I assume your
> DLEP radio instance is running on the other side of the eth0/eth1
> interface, right? Where does the DLEP radio gets it data from?

Indeed. I simulated everything with my radio implementation. Above all,
I did the same with your dlep_radios - letting it gather its info from a
simulated  wlan or ohter eth iface. The outcome was the same: no
destinations in the dlep_router layer 2 db.
For the time being, my implementation fakes its dest. info - statically
configured info. In the long run, my dlep_modem will fetch its data from
another routing protocol running on the same node. The latter is part of
my research. But that should make no difference.

I attached my sim. topology to make it more comprehendable. Very
minimalistic f. the start.

> when you add
>
> [log]
>     debug dlep_router
>
> to your configuration, you should see the state changes of the DLEP
> router implementation. Do you see anything unusual there?
I compiled the router with *OONF_LOGGING_LEVEL debug* - the effect
should be the same. And no, the communication flow shows nothing
unusual. Heartbeats are exchanged bidirectionally, the TCP conn. is up
and I see (by tracing) my provided info sent to the router. Looks good
so far. I attached the trace as far as interesting as well.

For the olsrd2 and dlep_router combination:
*$ olsrd2_static -l <router_conf> -p dlep_router* gives:

"22:24:12.711 WARN(plugins) src-api/core/oonf_subsystem.c 440: Could not
reload plugin 'dlep_router' into global namespace"

I haven't changed the config!

--
BR

Matthias Tafelmeier