[Olsr-users] OLSR configuration protocol

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 2 07:47:26 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:21 AM, Ruiz Gaistardo, Esau E
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hi Olsr-team
>
> I’m doing some experiments with OLSR in Linux, currently using pre-0.6.8-git-6a8a413-hash_eac38b552ae15f336c9c29bad0f6b61b, I have a testbed of 6 nodes each running OLSR protocol, and I need to catch Hello Messages confirmation from each neighbor and packet number, to easily see if I miss one packet.

Look for a function that is called "olsr_packetparser_add_function()",
it will allow you to register a callback that delivers every incoming
packet. If you need an example look for the etxff
(src/lq_plugin_default_ff.c) metric code.

Just be careful, if you use packet sequence numbers to watch for
missing data, you cannot concentrate on the Hello Messages. Packet
Sequence numbers are incremented for all outgoing packets on an
interface (each interface has its own packet sequence counter).

> Previously I was using "tcpdump -vv -ni wlanx port 698” but I do not find this as a safe process since if I run this in one of the nodes, this node can be loosing packets on the way.
>
> Is there some parameter in the .conf file I need to modify or in the code to make this happens

You could write an OLSR plugin that registers the callback to track
the incoming OLSR packets.

Henning Rogge