[Olsr-users] olsrd 0.6.6.1 (and earlier) ipv6 problems

Russell Senior (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 25 09:52:33 CET 2014

Henning> Hi, what kind of interfaces are connected to this
Henning> bridge... mixing bridges and routing protocols could maybe
Henning> give you some trouble.

The br-pub interface is a wifi AP-mode interface, sometimes with an
ethernet interface thrown in.

When I claimed earlier that I could provide you a packet trace of the
routing table collapse, it turns out I lied slightly.  I think the
initial behavior might have been due to a misconfiguration or maybe a
bug in openvpn.  It's gone now.  At least I'm not currently able to
reproduce it.

However, something else is causing an ipv6 routing table collapse, and
that's rebooting one of the nodes.  And I do have a packet capture of
that:

  https://personaltelco.net/~russell/vpn-capture3-ipv6.pcap

::407 is the server in the middle.  This is filtering for only ipv6
olsrd traffic on the openvpn interface as seen from the central
server. All the other hosts are nodes.  The trace starts and ends with
186 routes in ::407's ipv6 routing table (as counted by "ip -6 r | wc
-l").  Shortly after the start, I rebooted one of my test nodes,
::1201.  After maybe 30 seconds or maybe a bit less the route count on
::407 was down to about 20, then it gradually built back up, getting
back to 186 a few seconds before then end of the trace.

--
Russell Senior, President
(spam-protected)