[Olsr-users] olsr nameservice plugin

Justin Lewis (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 11 18:52:44 CET 2014

Hi again,

So yes, it was the file permissions causing the problem. But now I have
another problem. My config now looks like:

LoadPlugin "olsrd_nameservice.so.0.3"
{
         PlParam "name" "myhostname"
         PlParam "dns-server" ""
         PlParam "hosts-file" "/var/run/hosts_olsr"
         PlParam "resolv-file" "/var/etc/resolv.conf"
         PlParam "sighup-pid-file" "/var/run/dnsmasq.pid"
}

This writes the correct entries in the hosts_olsr file and sends a
SIGHUP to dnsmasq when something changes.

But, I am still unable to resolve hostnames. The nameservice plugin
isn't writing anything to resolv.conf. I was hoping that a node would
detect that the other is a dns server, and write the other node's IP in
resolv.conf. Putting 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf doesn't work either.

I am running dnsmasq with the --addn-hosts=/var/run/hosts_olsr and
--resolv-file=/var/etc/resolv.conf options.

How can I get hostname resolution working? Thanks in advance for replies.

Cheers,
Justin