[Olsr-users] Olsrd seems working on Samsung Galaxy S4 handsets but no neighbor is shown

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 4 19:19:06 CET 2014

Before digging deep in your setup: do you set the BSSID (cell-ID, AP-MAC-address)?

If you do not manually configure, the node that starts the IBSS (the adhoc WLAN network) generates a (pseudo-)random BSSID. Is sends beacons, other nodes listen to beacons with same SSID (name of your ad hoc network) and joint it. But when multiple networks are started in isolation, the merge of the ad hoc networks may fail. Therefore it is better to manually configure the BSSID on all nodes, this helps merging the networks a lot.

Please send output of ip, iwconfig etc private. You better not expose such in public.

Anyway, we needed to update CM to get IBSS running on GS4A. We'll post somewhere else (SPAN, Serval, ! olsrd). It is not an olsrd problem.

Teco

Op 4 feb. 2014, om 12:14 heeft Abubakr Ali <(spam-protected)> het volgende geschreven: