[Olsr-users] OLSR routing issue with highly connected node

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 26 15:39:57 CET 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Jernej Kos <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On 26. 12. 2014 15:16, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> Which should only happen with some crazy bridged interface stuff...
>> because OLSR packets are never forwarded on IP layer. I am not even
>> sure how a "cannot fragment" problem between two bridged interfaces
>> (which might have no IP address!) is handled.
>
> No, you may get reports via ICMP even when OLSR packets are not
> forwarded. Note that there are two interfaces to any link and the MTU of
> the sending interface may be different from the MTU of the receiving
> interface -- which indicates an error condition in MTU settings.

*sigh* someone should be hurt for preventing you from receiving data
you already got...

So what do you think about setting IP_MTU_DISCOVER to IP_PMTUDISC_DONT?

I definitely will not integrate a full "test for lower MTU" scheme
into the old olsrd code.

Henning Rogge