[Olsr-users] OLSR routing issue with highly connected node

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 26 12:13:14 CET 2014

Hello!

On 26. 12. 2014 11:59, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> AFAIK you need to do recvmsg on the socket in order to receive error
>> notifications received via ICMP messages.
>
> I have to look this up later, maybe it could be integrated into the
> OONF/Olsrv2 codebase.

When reading, the socket operation would fail and generate EMSGSIZE. In
order to obtain more detailed information, one can fetch data from the
error queue using the MSG_ERRQUEUE flag on recvmsg (IP_RECVERR socket
option should first be set on the socket to enable this extended
reporting through the error queue).

I will also add this to our VPN implementation in order to detect
incorrect PMTUs between measurement intervals (currently PMTU is
measured periodically).

Jernej