[Olsr-users] OLSR routing issue with highly connected node

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Dec 21 22:04:41 CET 2014

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Mitar <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It seems that we have similar issues than what is described here:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ptp-general/-utk6yAesuE
>
> The problem is that we have a VPN server which has 163 IPv4 peers. And
> nodes which have lower MTU for some reason, for example 1346 bytes on
> the link between the node and VPN server, cannot establish olsr
> routing.
>
> olsrd is 0.6.7.1 on both the node and VPN server (other nodes in the
> network might still have older olsrd version).
>
> The olsrd packages we observed on the VPN server are around 1400 bytes max.
>
> I thought that the issue reported in the mailing list above was solved
> at the end? Or it is not?

We had a similar bug report a few years ago... I think it got fixed.

We had another similar bug report this year, but with a modified
olsrd... I don't think it resulted in a fix.

So you are using the normal (unmodified) olsrd code and just have
links which might (or might not) have a lower MTU?