[Olsr-users] Where am I going wrong in the settings.
Fri Apr 11 09:29:22 CEST 2014
Op 11 apr. 2014, om 08:33 heeft Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> het volgende geschreven:
>> 2. dyn_gw with ping check doesn’t work.
>> Long ago I helped Caspar to repair this plugin. I tested, it worked. Let’s see what we can do.
>> I tested, below my results. It works.
>> Please verify with same configuration and show your results.
>> Do you have tcpdump?
> *looking at next mail*
> the tcpdump looks fine, ICMPs to Google are not working anymore when the
> cable is pulled and the HNA is dropped.
> It would take some time for the HNA entries in the other nodes to
> timeout, but after ~30 seconds they should be gone.
Yes, it would take some time.
This was just the reference test dyn_gw is working.
Could you test with single node, with ping test to 184.108.40.206, in order below. Run tcpdump in background.
1. olsrd is running, cable connected, default route is in routing table, ping to 220.127.116.11 succeeds, HNA is advertised
2. remove cable, ping to 18.104.22.168 fails
3. each 10 seconds, check routing table for default routes (metric 0 and metric 2), HNA advertisement
4. after 2 minutes or so, connect the cable and reinstall your static route if needed, ping to 22.214.171.124 should succeed
5. repeat step 3.
I did see output, where OLSR reacted on disconnected cable. But there was also the static route. This was strange, please confirm if this problem is still present.
More information about the Olsr-users