[Olsr-users] Where am I going wrong in the settings.

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 8 22:34:53 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM, ANDERSON JUNIOR GADO DA SILVA
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I'll try to explain with my words, ping the address must be a reachable
> address outside the network, preferably the Internet, a known site or dns,
> it ensures that the node has internet, HNA understand to be the network
> where the olsr will flood with your posts, this would be the network where
> the working olsr. If you are traveling to pull my ear, (laughs).

A HNA announces a prefix outside the OLSR mesh network. In fact it
announces that the local node can reach this prefix, the HNA allows
the other nodes to access this prefix through the local node.

The ping mechanism of the dyn_gw plugin checks the bi-directional
connectivity to a host within this prefix.

If you are re-distributing a route to the internet, the prefix would
be 0.0.0.0/0 (the default route) and the ping address would be a host
on the internet (e.g. 8.8.8.8, the google dns).