[Olsr-users] Accessing OLSR parameters [Contd..]

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 30 09:16:13 CEST 2013

ETX isn't using L2 feedback. ETX measures loss at L3 and calculates a link metric.
I would say L2 feedback reads out some data from NIC driver and calculates the link metric from that. It could also use the ETX data and merge (as the NL80211 plugin does).

First, try what you can do with ETX, using shorter timers for hello, TC and the ETX calculation mechanism. You may need to recompile.
When you need faster adoption of changes, start using RSSI. This would need the NL80211 plugin.

Please report progress.

Teco

Op 28 sep. 2013, om 17:51 heeft Shyam B <(spam-protected)> het volgende geschreven: