[Olsr-users] Accessing OLSR parameters

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 20 11:19:38 CEST 2013

On 09/20/2013 11:12 AM, Shyam B wrote:

> Thanks Henning,
>
> 1) Can you tell me, once I enable the plugin (textinfo), how do I go
> further to query a port, what parameter to pass to get the result from
> that port. Is there any example to show this?

Look into the example configuration files and the README in the txtinfo
folder.

> 2) What do you mean by saying 'remove ALL' settings? Do you mean I
> delete these settings from OLSRD.conf file? Why is that? Can you tell me
> which specific parameter governs for faster updation of routing table?

Start with files/olsrd.conf.minimal_freifunk as an example... just add
the parameters you NEED to change.

> 3) Can you tell me a bit more about this 32 seconds? Why is this fixed
> to 32seconds

When you look into the include file of the etxff metric
(src/lq_plugin_default_ff.h) you will find a constant. This is the
number of 1-second buckets the etxff metric uses to average the packet loss.

> and what can I do to improve upon discovery timing? I
> basically use flying object with olsr, so would like to have a faster
> update.

Okay... flying nodes. I assume in an "urban environment" (lots of
obstacles, lots of corners to fly around)?

I would suggest starting with decreasing the Hello interval and validity
time. Instead of one Hello every 2 seconds and a validity of a link of
20 seconds, you could divide both by 4, 5 or 10.

Do not use a TC interval smaller than the Hello interval.

It might also be necessary for you to change the code of the etxff
metric or (as Teco Boot suggested) try out a linklayer based metric.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE