[Olsr-users] Default build of olsrd (v0.6.6) issue

Thijs van Veen (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 20 10:19:33 CEST 2013

Hi,

I don't know if it's a known issue, but I think it might be worth
noting.

When building olsrd (v0.6.6) from source (git) using all defaults (make
&& make install), the txtinfo plugin is not built and installed.
While this is not a problem in itself (it is a plugin after all), the
default configuration file does attempt to load it (and of course fails
because it doesn't exist).

It was my understanding that the idea of the default configuration was
to allow a (new) user to run the protocol by simply inserting the
interfaces (and possibly HNA) to be used.

There are two ways to fix this:
1. default building and installing to include the txtinfo plugin;
2. disable the LoadPlugin block from the default configuration file.

I suggest commenting out the LoadPlugin block in the default
configuration file.
This way users can still see how plugins could be used, while keeping
the plugins seperate from the main application.

--
  Thijs van Veen
  (spam-protected)

--