[Olsr-users] [Resolved] Communication btw. two RPi's in Adhoc (OLSR)

Shyam B (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 11 20:20:52 CEST 2013

Hi All,

*The biggest foreseen problems have smallest solutions :)*

@Teco: Yes, the problem was on a level earlier not later, that you foresaw!
@ Henning, Thijs: Thank you for your support. Your suggestions hit my
fundamental brain but powerful. Changed to:

IP 192.168.1.X Netmask 255.255.0.0 => Computes Broadcast to
192.168.255.255. Node(s) can listen on all subnets and I tested this with
OLSR too with a router on a separate subnet.

@Teco: Since I work with static addresses, I had to change the silent
process which was accessing the wlan0 in the background
(/etc/default/ifplugd). I got to know this via going into 'monitor mode'.
The driver (Edimax) fails to start airodump-ng. I tried this via TP-Link
WR* dongle (huge but ok), works! armon-ng shows the process that accesses
wlan0.

As I read, ifplugd is a Linux daemon which will automatically configure
your ethernet device when a cable is plugged in and automatically
unconfigure it if the cable is pulled. This was being run for wlan0 too.

(spam-protected) ~ $ sudo cat /etc/default/ifplugd
INTERFACES="all"
HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="all"

remove "all" and keep "eth0". I may use eth0 for internet access. This will
run process for eth0 interface alone.

So, these two were potential. When I do this both together Ad-Hoc works
smooth!

Now, what I get are multiple (mobile) nodes with OLSR running on it on
RPi's (with no TP-Link routers), with one hop (ping) (pure Adhoc) and two
hops (with OLSR). Also tested routing via router's.. both seem good to go!

Thank you,
Shyam