[Olsr-users] Fwd: Communication btw. two RPi's in Adhoc (OLSR)

Thijs van Veen (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 11 09:25:31 CEST 2013

Hello Shyam,

I think your primary problem here is your subnet mask.
You have assigned the mask 255.255.255.255, meaning only the indicated
ip address is in the network. Both the other RPi and the broadcast
address aren't, meaning your ARP broadcasts have no known network to go
to.

If you wish to use  192.168.255.255 as the broadcast address, you
should set the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subnet_mask#IPv4_subnetting for more
information on IPv4 subnets.Very short summary: in a netmask 255 means
the octet is part of the network identifier, 0 means it's part of the
host identifier.

Also, in your pi1 config, you use both wireless-channel and
wireless-freq. Try to use either of them (not both). Seeing as they
both set the same parameter, this will keep your configuration simple
and will prevent potential conflicts.

I hope this helps.
--
Thijs van Veen