[Olsr-users] Fwd: Configuring two nodes directly (without a gateway) - OLSR.

Shyam B (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 5 13:36:27 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shyam B <(spam-protected)>
Date: Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Subject: Configuring two nodes directly (without a gateway) - OLSR
To: (spam-protected)

Hi Al,

I am configuring *multiple RaspberryPI's* as nodes in a mesh network. I
don't plan to use routers as gateway. Having installed OLSR on these nodes
(currently two to begin with), I am unable to communicate between them.
The configuration was working with the routers.

*What I did*

Exactly same setup on the two nodes:
Ad-Hoc mode, Channel 10 with same ESSID.
Tried to change hna, Ip4Broadcast to the same subnetwork as well. Nothing
works!

The iwconfig screenshot and olsrd.conf file attached. I have spent multiple
hours trying to get it to work!!

It would be of real help if someone can point out if communication between
two raw nodes is selected. If not why not, and what do I have to do to make
this setup work. Eagerly looking forward!

--
Best Regards,
Shyam

--