[Olsr-users] Using dyn-gw plugin vs. freifunk-gwcheck

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 22 21:22:29 CEST 2013

I use both dyn_gw and sgw. The sgw HNA advertisement is controlled by dyn_gw, this works well.

I tested the dyn_gw ping, but I don't use it today because I don't want the overhead or delay for bi-dir check or dependency on pinged host. But yes, false default route advertisements have bad effects.

During dyn_gw rework some years ago, Henning asked to remove the separate thread for the ping. Caspar only checked / changed the code so the thread is only set up if ping was configured. I don't know why Henning was concerned.

Options for improvement: use layer-2 or data plane feedback and adjust the HNA saw metrics? And / or only ping if there is no user traffic? Maybe use something stupid simple like ntp status. If clock is not in sync, half the data rate...
For dynamic metrics, multi sgw is almost mandatory to use best exit path for new connections.

Teco

Op 22 okt. 2013, om 19:32 heeft Ben West <(spam-protected)> het volgende geschreven: