[Olsr-users] Olsrd cann't ping two-hops node - Nexus7

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 18 14:33:35 CEST 2013

On 10/18/2013 02:24 PM, Abubakr Ali wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have an ad-hoc network that is up-and-running on three tablets (all
> are Nexus7 that are rooted with CyanogenMod
> (cm-10.2-20130919-NIGHTLY-grouper)).
>
> I downloaded, built, installed and run OLSRd stable version 0.6.6. In
> the "olsrd.conf" file, I have set:
> Willingness to 7,
> TCRedundancy to 2 (as 0 and 1 are not allowed)
> LinkQualityLevel to 2 (as 1 is not allowed).
> Note: any other configuration option has not been touched.
>
> Now when running OLSRd with debug-level 1, I can see three tables:
> Links,
> Neighbors
> Two-hop Neighbors tables, and my network looks like the following:
> node1 ----> node2 <---- node3
> node1 can only see node2,
> node3 can only see node2
> node2 see both: node1 and node3
> (note: The routes-table changes as I change the location of the tablets)
>
> However, when trying to *ping node3 (from node1*'s terminal) and monitor
> the traffic that is coming-and-leaving node2 (from node2 itself using
> wireshark), I can see that the**ping-request is coming to node2 and see
> node2 as it is forwarding the request to node3. But *there is no
> response* from node3 to node2 and node2 to node1. it seems to drop
> packets and the sent-packets never reach node3.
>
> am I missing any configuration that should be set in olsrd.conf ?

Default configuration would be a nearly empty configuration file, just
with the interface definition (but without any timings of Hellos/TCs).

Do you see a route on node 3 for node 1?

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE